Step 1: Record your voice
- Go to online-voice-recorder.com.
- Click the record button (the red mic).
- Start talking! When you are done, press the red button to stop.
- Click Save. (The video will be saved to your computer - pay attention to where so you can find it.)
Step 2: Upload the audio file to your Google Drive
- Go to your Google Drive.
- Optional: Create a folder for all your audio files.
- To create a folder:
- Click New --> Folder --> Name it (e.g., Audio recordings)
- DON'T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR FOLDER (or just file if you don't make a folder) VISIBLE TO PEOPLE.
- Open sharing setting so anyone in your district has access to hear the audio.
- Right click the folder and click Share
- In the pop-up dialogue box, click Get shareable link in the top right corner.
- In an education account, by default it will allow everyone in that domain (with that kind of email account) to view (or in this case listen). Make your choice and click Done.
- If you have made the folder, every file you put in that folder will have that sharing setting so no need to do it again and again (hence my prefenece for the folder).
- To upload:
- Click New --> File Upload (find the file from Step 1 on your computer)
Step 3: Insert the Audio into your Google Slide
- On your Google Slide, Insert the audio
- To insert audio:
- Click Insert --> Audio
- Select the file you recorded in step 1 and uploaded in step 2 and click Select
Bonus: You can also attach the file to a Google Classroom Stream or Classwork post!
I was JUST wondering about how to do this today (creating a Google slide for a fellow teacher)! Serendipity! Thank you!ReplyDelete
YAY! Happy our virtual worlds collided!Delete
Thank you for sharing this. Super helpful!!!! Have you used the extension at all - or just the web based platform?ReplyDelete