My friend Noa reached out this morning to ask how to create caption in YouTube. I explained that captions are auto-generated in YouTube and that the video create can edit them.
I made this 3 minute video explaining how you can edit the auto-generated caption in YouTube. Written directions are below.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles.
- Click the video you’d like to edit.
- For the language you’d like to edit, in the “Subtitles” column, select Options (the timbits) --> Edit in Classic Studio.
- At the top right, click Edit.
- Click on the caption track you want to edit - for me this is usually English (automatic).
- Click inside any line in the caption track panel and edit the text.
- When you’ve finished making changes, click Publish edits, at the top right.
(instructions are mostly from Google Support)