|Getting ready for the event at the ballpark!|
If you follow me on Twitter you likely see a ton of tweets about Flipgrid. I definitely have #FlipgridFever. Tonight, the fine folks at Flipgrid released a whole boatload of new features - just in time to play with before we go back to school in Canada! Did you miss the live event? No worries....here are (just some of) the great new features!! For all the great features check our the Flipgrid blog.
(I will apologize in advance for all the exclamation marks - I am just so excited!!)
Note: Most of the features can be turned on and off is you want - and all the info is kept - no refreshing.
- Purpose of the Grid - You can now have a blurb that explains what the grid is all about.
- Profile Photo! Now students can see the face of the grid creator!
- See Grid Engagement - Look for "Engagement" - it shows how the grid has been engaged with - recording, re-recording, or watching Click it for a cool little tip (e.g., this is how long it would take to watch all Harry Potter films back to back 17 times!)
I had a great time hanging with Flipgrid François this summer
- Share the Grid by URL - Now you can embed them in other places.
- Plan your semester by scheduling - Scaffold your semester in advance by setting the date when your topic becomes visible and when they freeze.
New attachment options!
- Vimeo, Gifs, & Camera Roll - Along with YouTube, you can now upload from sources other than just YouTube.
- Spark Icon - Tag something with the spark icon and you can make a response a topic!
- Topic Attachment - A TON of new sources to be able to attach from a HUGE whole list!
- New Time Limits - Elevator pitch mode (15s) and 300s (5 minutes) - think mini presentations and Ignite Talks!
- Title for posts - Give a summary of what was said - and and to searchability.
SO many badges!
- Links - Add a link to a post which can be seen by teacher only or all viewers.
- Moderation at the topic level, not just the grid level.
- Custom Feedback - Create a rubric and it follows you! (Coming soon - ways to share them.)
- Badges - TONS coming - let's gamify this!
- Office 365 integration - Post a grid into OneNote and it appears!
- Custom Icons - Don't just like a post, tell people you got them thinking or even DROP THE MIC!
Drop the mic!!
- QuickView - Watching videos from within your Teacher Admin is also easier than ever with QuickView. Provide feedback, watch replies, share, and navigate between videos with a single click.
- QR Codes - know you don't only need a code, you will have a QR code to use as well!
- Use Hashtags to link responses - Hashtag responses and then you can view linked topics!!
Stickies to track your thoughts
- Real time refreshing!
- Sticky Notes - Now you can make notes in Flipgrid to leave for yourself as notes as you record. 💗
- Stickers on Selfie - When you take your selfie you can customize it with stickers for personalization.
- Canvas integration - Flipgrid is now integration into the Canvas LMS.
- Private Links - Share videos with a singular stakeholder - read: parents can see how their child is being a digital citizen in class and download it to their camera roll.
- More Explorer series - Coming every month! On Sep. 18 Jason Osborne - a paleontologist is coming to Flipgrid.
Oh...and don't expect Snapchat filters...they will not be coming. They want to keep the integrity of student voice. #Amen
Finally, I tweeted it but need to put it here too - Charlie Miller should host the Oscars! His energy is SO infectious!
If you are not on it already...get the fever and join! And you can use the code JENGIFFEN to try Classroom free until Sep. 30. See you on the grids! <-- final exclamation point.
TY for the synopsis. I'm new to FlipGrid but really like what I see. I have a question for you. If I am accessing it on the browser, but on an IPad, is there a way to not be forced to use the App? I have iPads that are ISA funded and controlled, so I can't add apps.ReplyDelete