#NaBloWriMo 2017...day 3
People are drawn to things that are aesthetically pleasing...it was what initially drew me into HyperDocs (stay tuned for day 8!!). The problem is we are not all graphic designers. Enter Canva. A mostly free, amazingly simple graphic design software. Its drag and drop interface is easy to use for people of all ages. I love the versatility of the tool - especially for education.
How can you use Canva with your students?
- Create infographics. A few years back I tweaked a bunch of essay assignments and had students create infographics instead.
- Social Media posts. This can be for a post itself or for branding of a social media account as the program offers design templates for many SoMe platforms. I have used it as a tool to advertise session I am presenting at conferences.
- Ignite talks. Canva can be use to create beautiful slides.
- Magazines and Book cover creation is a cinch.
- Gamification. Are you thinking of gamifying your class? Use Canva to create badges.
- Personalize Google Keep. Kasey Bell has a great blog post about using Canva to personalize Google Keep.
It is definitely my go to creation tool when I need a visual.