Here is how:
- Create a slide deck.
- Select all the slides on the left-hand side of the slide deck (you know they are selected when they are outlined in blue)
- Go to "File" --> "Publish to the web"
- A box will pop up. There will be two options (1) "Publish to Web" or (2) "Embed" (in a website, like above)
- Under "Auto Advance Slides" select how long you want each slide to display
- Click both check boxes ("Start slideshow as soon as the player loads" & "Restart the slideshow after the last Slide")
- From the drop down menu select how long you want each slide to display (3 seconds is the default)
- Press "Publish"
- A link or embedding code will show up for you to copy.
- To stop publishing, click the "Published Content and Settings" and select "Stop Publishing" (a dialogue box will pop up to confirm)
Note: Any changes you make to the slide deck will automatically change in the published version (just hit refresh on the browser on which you are watching the slide show.)
Check this screencast I created: