By the nature of my role (Digital Literacy Resource Teacher) I have no choice but to have a high level of tech integration in my daily practice. I have learned so much in terms of tech. There are many days I cannot wait to get back into the classroom to give everything a try in a more traditional setting. That said, I think I can still have an impact on students, and perhaps even more, with the reach I have on teachers in my district.
In my role I have nine high schools on my docket. I have made a lot of connections with teachers, but, reflecting on the school year so far, and looking ahead, I think my reach can be further and deeper. Here is my plan moving forward:
- Creation of Resources. I do a lot of learning on a day to day basis that I share with teachers orally when we meet. I think this could be more streamlined. I am going to commit to making one rich resource a week. I have already started this with these documents:
- HyperDoc Lesson Plan. I have had this document for quite some time, but I wanted to add in links and such so people know the rich tech tools that are available to use in the HyperDoc cycle. I did this a couple of days ago and I am really proud of it.
- How to do a Mystery Skype/Hangout. I listened to @jmattmiller’s #DitchSummit talks over the last week of school before the winter break. I was fascinated with the ease in which mystery Skype/Hangout connections can be made and I wanted to share this with others in a way that made them see how easy it is.
- #DYK (Did You Know) Webcasts. I have started to create screencasts/webcasts with easy tech tips and explanations to useful tech tools. I will host these on my YouTube channel.
- Sharing of Resources. Once I have the resources created I need to share them more widely. There are a few ways I have considered doing this.
- I have started a Google Classroom for teachers to join. I will post any resource I create in there. I figure many of our teachers are using classroom so it will be a site they visit daily already.
- I am going to increase the number of webcasts I make and really grow my YouTube channel.
- I am going to tweet out resources to share with my PLN - be they in my district of not.
- I am toying with the idea of a podcast...I just need to hone in on a concrete focus.
I am a big believer in karma...and this sums up it up nicely.
I can’t wait to see what I might get...and if not, at least I have a great documentation of my learning.